In order to register a vehicle - that is not currently a motorhome - as a motorhome in Montana, you must complete the Motor Home Inspection Certificate.

This Certificate must be filled out by a Montana law enforcement officer - which means that the vehicle needs to come to Montana - who will verify that the vehicle contains permanently installed life and support systems.

The officer will check that the vehicle has, permanently installed, at least four of the following facilities:

  • Cooking, refrigerator or icebox,
  • Self-contained toilet,
  • Separate 110-volt or 125-volt electrical power supply or liquid petroleum gas supply or both,
  • Potable water supply system including a faucet and sink,
  • Heating or air conditioning or both.